You Know What’s Awesome?
Sometimes, when I’m tired of working and need a break, I look through old photos — they always make me so happy. It’s awesome how those memories can fill me up and change my mood.
You know what else is awesome? The view from my parents’ house. It makes me feel so happy just thinking about it. Here’s their view:
Looking through those photos started my mind on a roll thinking about all the things I think are awesome. Here are 30 of the ones off the top of my head.
– reading a book you just can’t put down
– writing something you’re proud of
– fuzzy socks on a chilly day
– fresh underwear
– hot tea
– warm sunshine
– macro shots of snails
– fresh cut flowers
– the perfect cardigan
– the smell of rain on pavement
– perfect blue skies
– sleeping kids
– hugs from my kids
– Joseph Gordon Levitt on Jimmy Kimmel
– walks in the forest
– road trips
– being near the ocean
– the ice cream at Berkey Creamery
– planning fun trips to amazing places
– giving compliments
– naps in hammocks
– beach sand
– soft cotton pajamas
– jeans that fit just right
– swimming in a lake
Thinking about all the things I think are awesome has put me in a great mood. It’s amazing what a little positive thinking can do. Come join me on Twitter and tell me #whatsawesome to you.