Get outside to kick-start your best active season yet
This post is sponsored by Bayer. To make sure these products are right for you, always read and follow the label.
When the weather gets nice, there should be no excuse to miss the outdoors. After a long winter, the first rays of sun feel so glorious and can really fill you with anticipation for the fun months ahead. I’m talking summer BBQs, biking your favourite outdoor path, or even just enjoying a walk through the city – nothing beats it!
To make sure you’re prepared for an active summer outdoors, remember to take a second to prepare yourself with these options to help have your best summer ever!
- Upgrade your active gear
- While going to the gym in the winter isn’t so bad, come summertime it can be nice to move those workouts outdoors. There’s no better time to pick-up your active wear for the new season. I’m talking running shoes, hats, sunglasses, even a nice new water bottle! You can’t deny it feels great heading outdoors knowing you’ll not only feel great in your new gear, but you’ll look even better!
- Get active outdoors
- When it comes to being active outdoors, sunscreen should be your first step of sun safety. Don’t let the fear of a thick, greasy formula hold you back from activities in the sun. Coppertone® Sport Sunscreen Continuous Spray SPF 30 now has an all-new light and breathable formula that stays on strong when you sweat! The sunscreen also retains its SPF after 80 minutes of activity in the water or sweating, so you’ll be able to concentrate on your game knowing you’re protected.
- Keep allergies in check
- Moving from a treadmill to nature paths generally is a great feeling. The one downfall is of course all the pollens in the air. There’s nothing worse than letting springtime allergies slow you down when all you want to do is be outside in the sunshine. Let Claritin help you manage your allergy symptoms with effective non-drowsy relief so you can enjoy your spring and summer activities without the worry of itchy and watery eyes, sneezing and runny nose, or skin itches and hives.
- Find a local farmer’s market
- Whether it’s a garlic scape pesto or a fresh pea salad with mint, summer’s bright freshness comes through in so many ways with amazing seasonal produce. To help keep up with your active routine, why not take the opportunity this year to head down to your local farmer market to pick up fresh, local produce for great summer dishes.
- Stay active to celebrate Canada 150
- If you’ve taken it easy over the winter, there’s no better time to start getting active than with Canada’s 150th.There will be tons of great outdoor celebrations across the country, so you won’t want to miss them. Enjoy our beautiful landscape by pledging 1,500 steps before July 1st to get moving again. Maybe by the end of the summer, you’ll be doing 15,000! But if pain is slowing your progress, turn to ALEVE Back & Body Pain to help with the aches you feel.
With a little preparation, you can kick start this summer, and there’s no better time than with this momentous birthday for Canada.
What are you doing to ensure this summer is your best active season yet?