BlissDom Canada is where I rediscovered my love of blogging. It’s where I met the people I’d been tweeting with, the ones whose lives I’d been reading about online, the customers who propelled my business to success, and the event that helped me realize that I could in fact become “A Writer”. I love the event and people so much, it’s like a part of who I am now. Look, there I am in the middle on the conference announcement for this year, that’s how much I love it! I’m BlissDom! BlissDom is me! And I want it to be you, too.
This year, I booked a family vacation months before the conference was announced and as (poor) luck would have it, I’ll be away during BlissDom. Major sadface here. Instead of wallowing in my self-pity, I decided to support the event, and a wonderful blogger by buying a ticket to give away.
So here we go!
BlissDom Canada is taking place in Toronto on October 20 & 21, 2012. As of today there are exactly 98 days left in the big countdown, and it’s Friday the 13th, so what better day to announce my contest? Ticket prices for the event are listed HERE. I’ve got one full conference (blogger) ticket to give away! (Note that this does NOT cover travel and accommodations, just the conference ticket itself.)
So how do you win?
I want to know why you want to go to BlissDom Canada. What is it you’ll bring to the conference? What is it you hope to take from it? Who do you want to meet? To learn from? What is it you want to know? Here’s what’ll happen:
1. Submit a blog post to me at email@example.com detailing why you want to go (see above) to BlissDom Canada. Length is up to you. You can write it, vlog it, do an interpretive dance or submit some art. It’s up to you. Be creative!
2. Along with your entry, you must provide:
– your blog url
– a photo of yourself/your logo/whatever represents you
– your contact email address
3. Deadline to submit posts to me via email is August 1, 2012, 11:59pm EDT.
4. Creativity counts! I will be choosing 4 finalists from the entries. (Assuming there are more than four entries, of course. If there are not, we shall proceed with as many as we have!)
5. The four semi-finalists will be chosen and notified via email on August 5, 2012 by 12:00pmEDT.
5. The four semi-finalists’ entries will be posted on my blog (IDontBlog.ca) on August 6, 2012 by 12:00pmEDT.
6. Semi-finalists will be asked to post their entries on their own blogs, in full. Entries will be linked to from IDontBlog.ca and identified numerically for voting purposes.
7. Semi-finalists’ entries will then be voted upon at IDontBlog.ca.
8. Voting will close on August 8, 2012 at 11:59pmEDT.
9. Every vote placed for an entrant gives them an entry into the random draw. Each vote as it comes in will be recorded and assigned a number privately. An independent party will be asked to pick a number and the corresponding vote will be the winner! Winner will be announced on August 10, 2012 before 12:00pmEDT.
Ready… set… GO!